New Delhi:

Priti Choksi, the wife of a fugitive businessman, in an interview with ANI on Thursday lashed out at Barbara Jabarica’s claims about Mehul Choksi.

Barbara Jabarica, Mehul’s alleged girlfriend in her interviews with Indian media, has made several sensational claims against him.

She (Priti Choksi) squashed her claim that Mehul presented himself as Raj is false, in light of the fact that even a child today searches for the identity of his friends on the internet and with technologies like “Reverse Google Search” and social media, this would only have been a matter of seconds, or are we living in the Stone Age ?!

In addition, the WhatsApp messages that emerge can be easily created by changing the content or using software such as Photoshop, there is no evidence to support their authenticity, said Priti Choksi.

She asked: “How is it possible that despite all the media attention and public fury surrounding this case, this lady who has an Instagram account with thousands of followers has not known about all this and did not come out to speak in defense? ” of your “friend”?

“It is common sense that if my husband’s version of events is a lie, then why would he risk his entire reputation by first giving false information and then revealing the only link by which his story could fail? These false claims are just an attempt to misrepresent my husband, “Priti added.

Also, let me clarify that based on my information your last name is Jabarica and I assume you are not telling your location to anyone, so how can your version be credible at all? Priti asked.

Mehul Choksi had also previously alleged that Barbara Jabarica did not attempt to help her as he was beaten and placed in a small boat. He claimed that the way Barbara Jabarica conducted herself clearly indicated that “she was an integral part of this entire kidnapping plan.”

Barbara Jabarica in interviews with Indian media confirmed that she had met with Mehul Choksi over breakfast the day he was allegedly abducted, but went to the airport and was on the other side of the island that day.

Mehul Choksi disappeared from Antigua on May 23 and was captured in Dominica. Police charged him with illegal entry into Dominica after he allegedly fled Antigua and Barbuda in a possible attempt to avoid extradition to India.

Meanwhile, the Dominican Ministry of National Security and Home Affairs had declared Mehul Choksi a “prohibited immigrant” on May 25.

He ordered that necessary actions be taken under prohibited immigration, as well as that he was not allowed to enter the Commonwealth of Dominica and the Chief of Police was ordered to take all necessary actions for his repatriation, said an official order from Rayburn Blackmoore, Minister National. Security and Home Affairs.

The 62-year-old fugitive is wanted in India in connection with the 13.5 billion rupee fraud at the National Bank of Punjab.